Sunday, November 2, 2014

Prepared in Advance

I am fascinated by the ways that God works, and by how beautifully He prepares us for what is coming. Seven days before the beginning of my diagnosis, before I had any pain at all or any idea about the radical turn our life was about to take, here's what I wrote in my prayer journal:

"Love The Lord with all that you are and remember how much He loves you. Do not be afraid of suffering--remain faithful and overcome. . . 
'You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and by Your will they were created and have their being,' (Revelation 4:11)
. . . Jesus, keep me faithful. Protect me and my family. Make us overcomers for You. Help us to love You, to patiently endure, to remain faithful! I will follow You wherever You go!"


And here we are today. With a painful disease that has no known earthly cure, and a diagnosis of a very different life than we ever could have imagined. Here we are, held in the arms of our Savior, Who remains faithful, Who endured the ultimate pain for us, Who loves us with an everlasting love. Here we are, determined to remain faithful, to patiently endure, to love with all that we are. Thank You, Jesus, for preparing our hearts ahead of time. You want us to be overcomers, and You equip us with everything we need.

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus," (Philippians 4:19).

No comments:

Post a Comment