Saturday, January 24, 2015

These Days

You know those days when it's so easy to feel discouraged because every step you've taken forward gets completely forgotten by a hard fall in the opposite direction? My recent past has been littered with them.

This was not one of those days.

While I know that what I do does not define me, it is a glorious blessing to have any amount of time with the ability to do.  So, I'm not going to miss a moment's chance to rejoice in the doing.  

I've been feeling well enough to do a lot of great stretching and yoga at home in the past forty-eight hours.  I might be pushing myself harder than I should, but I'm a dancer--and I'm determined.  It's been so encouraging.  It's so wonderful to move! 

My girls have been itching to get back into dance classes, and today, I was able to get around enough to give them ballet class at home.  It's been a long time since we've done this.  They loved it.  I loved it.


I helped Ava and Avianna sew four new throw pillows for their room.  They repurposed some dresses they have outgrown.  Girls after my own heart. 


My hand was strong enough to spend an entire hour of naptime playing the piano (and, more importantly, that's my right foot you're seeing on the sustain pedal!!)..


And I watched in disbelief as my six-days-away-from-being-a-year-old baby grew right before my eyes. 


It was a great day.  The kind of day to keep in the forefront of my mind when the other days are tough.  Can you go there with me?  What are the forward steps in your own life that you can focus on when challenges are pulling you backwards?  I'd love to hear them and hang on to joy with you.

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy," (Psalm 126:3).

No comments:

Post a Comment