Saturday, January 3, 2015

"Mommy, God is healing you!"

One of the facts about CRPS is that if you catch it and begin treating it within its first three months, your chances of going into remission are exponentially higher than otherwise.  By God’s grace, I was diagnosed within a week of developing CRPS, and we were able to begin treatments immediately. 

A few days ago, I had my third lumbar sympathetic (nerve) block.  Within thirty hours of that third procedure, I was able to walk for about four hours.  Each day since then, I’ve been able to have my legs under me for multiple hours a day.  During much of the time, I’ve only had half of the pain that has followed me incessantly for the past three months.  I can feel my muscle mass building back up as I continue to regain movement and ability.  It certainly still hurts, but I can push through it, and it’s amazing!  

My girls love to memorize verses from the Bible, and one that we practiced this past year was Psalm 30:2 (super-cute-kid-video-that-apparently-only-shows-up-on-actual-computer-screens): 



“Lord, my God, I called to You for help, and You healed me.”  

They’ve been bouncing around the house, seeing me move so much more freely, and declaring the truth that they are witnessing: “Mommy, God is healing you!”  

He has been with us every step of the way.  We’ve seen His hands and His goodness in the help and generosity of so many people.  We’ve seen His grace and strength in the ease with which our family has adjusted to our new normal.  We’ve seen the joy and hope that He brings in every circumstance, and we’ve learned how to thank Him through everything.  We’ve seen His power and wisdom in the amazing medical teams we’ve had the blessing of working with.  We’ve seen His healing in each moment I’ve been able to stand.  


“I love You, Lord, my strength. . .You provide a broad path for my feet, so that my ankles do not give way,” (Psalm 18:1, 36).

No comments:

Post a Comment